Friday, April 29, 2005

RE Mogul Changes Her Tune

When this blog first covered the founder of the New York-based Corcoran Group, Barbara McCarty, she was pretty sure of herself. "Of course there's no bubble. I think we're just getting started."

What a difference a few weeks makes. "Is the US real estate sector in a bubble market? And if so, is it in danger of popping? 'While some areas will always tend to be more volatile, on a national scope, there's probably no housing bubble.'" Ms. McCarty tells us.

This from the March post. "I think the bubble theory is nothing more than an intellectual expression of people's typical worry that good times can't last forever. When your marriage is going well, you worry there's a problem on the horizon." Has she struggled with success? "Other than my boyfriend and business partner marrying my secretary, it has been my hardest transition."

3 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you mean Barbara Corcoran...

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting... a bit of hedging from a staunch bull... possible positioning for the downturn?

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Ben Jones said...

She changed her name, I guess. Got married? I used the latest name from the story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home