Saturday, April 23, 2005

Access Suggestions And Firefox Fix

I have received a lot of email about not being able to access this blog. I thought I would post some reader comments that may help. Thanks to the posters.

"You've gotta clean your cache out too. Not just cookies. That solved the problem for me, and it's what the blogger guys recommend."

"Firefox users, try using this URL:

http://thehousingbubble.blogspot.com/index.html

I was having problems with the bare .com address too. After adding "index.html" to the URL my problems ceased."

6 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to add, I have been reading your wonderful great fantastic blog for about two months daily, not one single problem using Firefox.

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the guy who wrote

"Ben, your blog rules. Your provider sucks!" in the other thread.

I deleted Firefox's cache, and nuked the three cookies *again*, and still no luck.

blogger.com just sucks.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Ben Jones said...

(blogger.com just sucks)

I understand. Sometimes I'll work on a post for 30 minutes and lose it in the posting process. I should have gone with Typepad.

My next blog will be my site and I'll use Wordpress, if it works.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben- Haven't posted in a while b/c you have some great, intelligent people chiming in. Keep up the great work!!! I'll continue to stockpile cash and firearms for when the end is near. . .

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Firefox, on Windows 2K and Windows XP, and I have no problems reading or posting to this blog. I suggest Firefox users to upgrade to the latest and see if they still have problems.

 
At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had no problems with Firefox versions 1.0, 1.2, and 1.3 (on Windows). Another idea - maybe people who are having problems are using Mac or Linux-based operating systems?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home