Friday, February 18, 2005

Inventory Grows At Centex

Almost every big home building firm has a growing inventory on its balance sheet. Centex is no different, indeed it has seen the largest increase of the corporations I have checked so far.

On March 31, 2002 you find Centex inventory at $2.7 billion. As of December 31, 2004 that number had jumped to $7.48 billion. That is an increase of 176%. You will find almost $2 billion of that increase comes in the nine months leading up to the end of 2004.

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Ted said...

Hi there! Interesting site but I have to ask - why have a blog on the housing bubble?

Also, is it a bad time for me to buy a bond fund that holds GNMA bonds?

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Ben Jones said...

I think the housing issue could become huge, so I started a blog to contain news, etc on the subject. I have a degree in accounting and economics so this stuff is interesting to me. I wouldn't buy any GSE securities until congress finishes with the new regulations. See my previous posts on that subject.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home